City of Semmes Fire and Rescue
City of Semmes Fire and Rescue is committed to protecting life and property while providing emergency services to the citizens of our community. This citizen-oriented fire department accomplishes this by providing:
- Efficient and professional services
- Extensive fire and safety education and training programs
- A highly trained work force
- Fire inspection and prevention activities
- Modern technology and equipment
The City of Semmes Fire Rescue Department administration offices are located at 9010 Forest Street, Semmes, Alabama, 36575. The phone number at the administrative office is 251-206-7565. The Administration office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Emergency services are offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The mission of the Semmes Fire Rescue Department shall be to safely execute prompt and professional fire, rescue, emergency medical and other pertinent public safety services, which include fire prevention education, in a fiscally and ethical manner with courage, compassion and integrity for those we are dedicated to serve and protect in our community.
A MESSAGE FROM CHIEF BROOKS:
Response times have been a priority for the department and we have recently purchased new ipads to put on the engines to help us keep up with run times to compare them with dispatch. This with other procedures that have been put into place over the month of May 2017 has decreased our response times to an average of around 7:00 minutes.
New life saving equipment has arrived (jaws of life, reciprocating saws and stabilizing jacks) to be put on our engines to help with extrication when someone is trapped in a vehicle. This was all possible through a $10,000 grant that was awarded to Semmes Fire Rescue by Gulf Coast RC&D.
The Establishment of the City of Semmes Fire and Rescue Department
City of Semmes Fire and Rescue was established in November 2016. The new “paid” Municipal Fire Department was renamed Semmes Fire and Rescue in 2017. Previously, the City of Semmes was served by the Semmes Volunteer Fire Department founded in 1977. “Rat” Dearmon served as the first Volunteer Fire Chief and his wife Elaine Dearmon served as treasurer for the Semmes Volunteer Fire Department for many years. The original Dearmon fire station (Number 1) on Wulff Road was rededicated in their name in 2017 and continues to serve as a reminder of their dedication and devotion to the people of Semmes.
Currently, there are around 24 full-time personnel in the department with 3 fire stations and 1 training center. The current Fire Chief is Kevin Brooks.
Fire and Rescue News
- Re-dedication of Semmes Fire Station # 1
- Dedication and reopening of N. L. Dearmon Station 1.
- Semmes Fire & Rescue Receives $10,000 From Gulf Coast RC&D
- Cty Council Meeting, Chief Brooks Recognized Capt. Wade Walker, Jr
- Fire and Rescue – Training Opportunity
- Hurricane Irma update for Semmes
- Fire Safety Poster Contest
- STORMtracker Tour comes to Semmes
- Firefighter/EMT – Job Posting
- Town Hall Meeting with Congressman Bradley Byrne
- New Employment Opportunities