City of Semmes signs contract with Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
On, January 16, 2013, MOBILE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE and the CITY OF SEMMES announced their Public Safety Contract. The following is a list of the details in the contract.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office will provide ONE Experienced Supervisor and FIVE Deputies for the City of Semmes. MCSO will cover the City of Semmes 24 hours a day seven days a week. In addition to these officers, without any additional costs to the City, Semmes will receive the additional support listed below:
- DETECTIVE SUPPORT – All criminal complaints requiring additional investigation and follow up would be assigned to a detective.
- MAJOR CRIMES – Any serious incident involving a death or violent offense would have a major crimes detective assigned.
- CRIME SCENE & IDENTIFICATION – We have a fully staffed unit to handle all crime scenes and evidence gathering.
- SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TACTICS TEAM (SWAT) – We maintain a fully trained and equipped SWAT team.
- NARCOTICS – Semmes would continue to receive the dedicated support of the specialized narcotics unit to follow up on any illegal drug deals.
- CRIME PREVENTION UNIT – Our full time deputies would remain available to work with the businesses, schools, and citizenry in educational and prevention efforts.
- TRAINING – Our Sheriff’s Office has a full time training unit that will keep the assigned deputies certified and trained in the latest law enforcement trends.
- LEGAL SUPPORT – We have an attorney on staff available to assist as well as our deputies are defended by the Sheriff’s Office in any legal proceedings.
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT – The Sheriff and his staff will be responsible for all law enforcement needs for the City.
- FACILITIES – The Deputies will work out of our Semmes Sub-station, eliminating the need for the City to invest in any structural and or be responsible for any utilities, phones, etc., essentially no maintenance.
THE CONTRACT WITH THE CITY OF SEMMES BEGAN DECEMBER 1, 2012.
See Original Post on www.mobileso.com
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office mobile application is an interactive app developed to help improve communication with area residents. The Mobile County Sheriff App allows residents to connect with the Mobile Sheriff’s Office by reporting crimes, submitting tips, and other interactive features, as well as providing the community the latest public safety news and information.
The app is another public outreach effort developed by the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office to improve communication with county residents and visitors.
This app is not intended to be used to report emergency situations. Please call 911 in an emergency.
MCSO – Facebook Feed
Today's Cool School is Corpus Christi School. All of our K-9s, both big and small, enjoyed teaching their new human friends how they love to work and play. #pawpatrol #coolschools ... See MoreSee Less
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Today, September 20, 2017, at approximately 5:00 am, the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at 8520 Redstone Drive. MCSO received several anonymous Crime Tips stating people were going to the residence (8520 Redstone) bringing the stolen property to be traded for Ice (meth). Earlier in the month, MCSO Narcotics made two controlled buys at the Redstone location providing evidence to obtain a search warrant on the property. JERRY FOWLER, SR. is the owner of the property and lives there with his son, JERRY FOWLER, JR.
Early reports of items found at the residence that were stolen are; a vehicle, motorcycle, diamond wedding set ring, various silver coins, assorted jewelry, two handguns, power tools and utility trailer. The stolen utility trailer was seized when three people came to the property today to trade or sell to Fowlers while Detectives were on the scene.
MCSO Narcotics recovered methamphetamine (ice) approx. 1 ounce (trafficking weight), Marijuana, oxycodone and drug paraphernalia.
MCSO arrested JERRY FOWLER SR., property owner, and his son, JERRY FOWLER JR. FOWLER, SR. is being charged with Possession of a Controlled Substance, Trafficking methamphetamine, Receiving stolen property, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia and Illegal Possession of Prescription Drugs. FOWLER, JR. is charged with receiving stolen property 1st. Additional charges are forthcoming. #dontdodrugs ... See MoreSee Less
"does yal now me? I likes to brake n cares and steel yo stuf. see, I doesn't wanna wurk likes da res of yo peeps I jes gona lets yal do dat an. i jes tak yo stuff. sea yo"
If you can help us identify this person, please call 251-574-8366 or report www.mobileso.com/crimetips/. This occurred on September 18, 2017 at approximately 2:26 am. The location is Essex Place Drive. The white in video is also involved. #wannabe #dudeeveryonehasvideo #isthatyomamainminivan ... See MoreSee Less
Some of our Deputies from our K-9 unit went to St. Luke's Elementary Episcopal School this morning to teach our future leaders how our pets can keep us safe. #mansbestfriend #pawpatrol ... See MoreSee Less
Reginald "Reggie Rege" Henderson fled from the Probation Office on Wednesday. Apparently doing drugs and picking up new charges is frowned upon when on probation. When Reggie learned he was going to jail, he ran, stealing a pair of handcuffs in the process.
The Mobile Community Corrections Center wants Reggie and their cuffs back! #wearerunningoutofhandcuffs #thosearegoingonyourbill ... See MoreSee Less
We saw you throw trash out of your CLEAN WHITE CAR on highway 90. We took your tag number off the picture, however, we DID NOT when we sent to MPD. What are you thinking? What does JDK on your plate stand for? JUST DON'T KNOW or JUST DUMB KNUCKLEHEAD ...we think the latter. #beturmommapicksupafteryou #betyoukeepyourstuffclean #keepmobilebeautiful ... See MoreSee Less