The fact is, every responsible parent is concerned about their children’s safety. At the same time, it is important for kids to socialize at a young age and be able to have a certain level of freedom to grow and develop independence. It’s all about finding a healthy balance, which can be tough. While ideal, constantly keeping your eyes peeled on your kids may not always be plausible. The good news is, you can implement some basic safety rules for your children to abide by. This will help them become more aware of how they can protect themselves when you are not around.
Join us on Saturday, March 16, 2019, starting at 9:00 am for our 1st Annual Semmes Azalea Jubilee. located at Semmes Municipal Park, 8108 Morris Hill Rd, Semmes, AL 36575
Vendors, please download the application below to be a part of this event.
The National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day addresses a crucial public safety and public health issue. According to the 2016 National Survey on Drug Use and Health, 6.2 million Americans misused controlled prescription drugs. The study shows that a majority of abused prescription drugs were obtained from family and friends, often from the home medicine cabinet.
To Read More click the link below
The City Council meeting from September 4, 2018, has been rescheduled to September 11th.
The Semmes City Council meets on the first and third Tuesday of each month.
Regular Council Meeting begins at 4:00 p.m..
The City Council Meetings are held at City of Semmes City Council Chambers
7875 Moffett Road Unit #C (in the same complex as City Hall Offices).
CITY COUNCIL MEETING RULES
- All cell phones must be turned off or are on silent to avoid any unnecessary interruptions in the meeting.
- Any person desiring to address the Council must register and complete the request to speak form upon entering the meeting area. Please give the completed form to the City Clerk prior to the meeting being called to order. Public Comments are ONLY allowed during the Public Comment portion of the meeting. When addressing the City Council, the speaker must state his/her name and address.
- Each speaker is allowed three minutes to address the City Council.
- When addressing the City Council, there is to be no personal address to any individual Council member. All statements are to be made to the Chair who will recognize any Council member who wishes to respond.
- To maintain the decorum of the meeting of the meeting, there will be no undue applause and/or public outcry allowed. This is a meeting of the City Council and not an open public forum.
The Alabama Office of Water Resources (OWR) is working with FEMA Region IV to identify and assess the risk of flooding in the Coastal watershed and to produce updated Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRMs). Alabama OWR has also prepared a Community Outreach Plan to assist local communities in communicating flood hazards and risks to the citizens within the watershed. This plan identifies a variety of outreach methods to engage, educate, and inform communities and citizens of the benefits of new Flood Insurance Rate Maps and their potential effects.
As a local official, OWR would like to keep you well-informed of the mapping update and outreach implementation process. The first implementation step of the Community Outreach Plan is the distribution of Information Flyers to the (1) General Public; (2) Development Industry; and (3) Lending/Insurance/ Realty Industry. The Information Flyer is the first of 5 flyers that will be prepared and distributed throughout the mapping process and will coincide with the following phases: (1) Discovery; (2a) Map Production – Engineering Analyses; (2b) Map Production – floodplain delineation; (3) Preliminary FIRM and Flood Insurance Study (FIS); and (5) Effective FIRM and FIS.
The Information Flyers will be posted to the OWR website and will be sent to your local floodplain administrator for posting on your local community website. OWR will work closely with your local floodplain administrator throughout the map update process.
COASTAL WATERSHED Project Status/Points
- Letters of Final Determination (LFD) tentatively scheduled for October 19, 2018
- Resilience Meeting tentatively scheduled for November or December 2018
- Upcoming tasks include Risk MAP product dissemination and Adoption and Compliance Period
- 90-day Appeal Period began on June 27, 2018
- 90-day Appeal Period ends September 25, 2018
- Upcoming tasks include conclusion of 90-day Appeal Period, acknowledgment of any Appeals or Comments, resolution of any Appeals or Comments
All comments or appeals must come to our office through the local community official before the end of the appeal period.
In Chapter 3 of the attached ‘Guide for Community Officials’ you will find helpful information which deals specifically with appeals.
Please contact me by phone at 334-353-5061 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or specific community outreach needs
You can find this Spanish language resource here: https://www.emergencydentistsusa.com/embarazo-salud-dental/
We also made this content available in English here: https://www.emergencydentistsusa.com/dental-care-pregnancy/
The Mobile County Commission has published their “Mobile County Proposed Year Four 2018 Action Plan.” If you would like to review the plan, a copy has been placed in the lobby of the Semmes City Hall Building, 7875 Moffett Road, Suite F. We are open from 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Here are a few quick links to Flood disaster preparedness.
This tool tells you if your home is in a flood zone!
In order to replace two sets of roadway pipes, Schillinger Road between Moffett Road and Lott Road will be detoured for approximately four weeks beginning April 9. Please allow yourself extra time when traveling in this area. If you have any questions, you may contact the Mobile County Engineering Department at 251-574-8595.
Our Office will be closed tomorrow 3/30/2018 for Good Friday, have a safe weekend.
What: Town Hall Meeting with Congressman Bradley Byrne
When: Tuesday, March 27, 2018
Time: 9:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
Where: Semmes Fire Training Center / 9010 Forest Street
See you there!