City of Semmes signs contract with Mobile County Sheriff’s Office
On, January 16, 2013, MOBILE COUNTY SHERIFF’S OFFICE and the CITY OF SEMMES announced their Public Safety Contract. The following is a list of the details in the contract.
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office will provide ONE Experienced Supervisor and FIVE Deputies for the City of Semmes. MCSO will cover the City of Semmes 24 hours a day seven days a week. In addition to these officers, without any additional costs to the City, Semmes will receive the additional support listed below:
- DETECTIVE SUPPORT – All criminal complaints requiring additional investigation and follow up would be assigned to a detective.
- MAJOR CRIMES – Any serious incident involving a death or violent offense would have a major crimes detective assigned.
- CRIME SCENE & IDENTIFICATION – We have a fully staffed unit to handle all crime scenes and evidence gathering.
- SPECIAL WEAPONS AND TACTICS TEAM (SWAT) – We maintain a fully trained and equipped SWAT team.
- NARCOTICS – Semmes would continue to receive the dedicated support of the specialized narcotics unit to follow up on any illegal drug deals.
- CRIME PREVENTION UNIT – Our full time deputies would remain available to work with the businesses, schools, and citizenry in educational and prevention efforts.
- TRAINING – Our Sheriff’s Office has a full time training unit that will keep the assigned deputies certified and trained in the latest law enforcement trends.
- LEGAL SUPPORT – We have an attorney on staff available to assist as well as our deputies are defended by the Sheriff’s Office in any legal proceedings.
- ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT – The Sheriff and his staff will be responsible for all law enforcement needs for the City.
- FACILITIES – The Deputies will work out of our Semmes Sub-station, eliminating the need for the City to invest in any structural and or be responsible for any utilities, phones, etc., essentially no maintenance.
THE CONTRACT WITH THE CITY OF SEMMES BEGAN DECEMBER 1, 2012.
See Original Post on www.mobileso.com
The Mobile County Sheriff’s Office mobile application is an interactive app developed to help improve communication with area residents. The Mobile County Sheriff App allows residents to connect with the Mobile Sheriff’s Office by reporting crimes, submitting tips, and other interactive features, as well as providing the community the latest public safety news and information.
The app is another public outreach effort developed by the Mobile County Sheriff’s Office to improve communication with county residents and visitors.
This app is not intended to be used to report emergency situations. Please call 911 in an emergency.
MCSO – Facebook Feed
Congratulations to our Employees receiving Longevity Awards and "welcome aboard" to our new Deputies. GO TEAM SHERIFF! ... See MoreSee Less
Praying for our brothers and sisters with MPD and the family of Sgt. Jeremy Franks. #bluelinebrothers ... See MoreSee Less
MCSO is looking for these "carwash bandits". We have identified two people, JORDAN BRANDON BALTHASER (also known as BRANDON GOODRUM), and HEATHER NICHOLE SMITH. These two have been going to various car wash locations in the Grand Bay area and stealing the cash boxes.
Since BRANDON and HEATHER are so fond of Car Washes, we thought they would enjoy working at METRO WASH. METRO WASH workers receive room and board, one size fits all uniform, and water resistant shoes (aka flip flaps). Workers are not allowed to receive Cash Tips, however, they will receive other tips throughout the day from various Law enforcement agencies who use METRO WASH.
If you know where we can locate BRANDON or HEATHER, call 251-574-8633. If you would like to surprise BRANDON and HEATHER by sending a courtesy van to their location, go to www.mobileso.com/crimetips/ #betterthandigginaditch #heygeturcarwashtoday #nevertellwhoumightmeet ... See MoreSee Less
This is BRANDON MIZELL. BRANDON is not a nice person. BRANDON takes things that do not belong to him. Because BRANDON is bad, we have SEVEN signed warrants on him.
BRANDON also has BAD taste in tattoos. BRANDON probably did not pay for his tattoo, after all, he doesn’t have a job, so we decided we would ask the good citizens of Mobile County to choose a new design. BRANDON needs a tattoo that he would be proud of when he takes his shirt off in the prison shower room. If you would like to assist BRANDON with a new design for his tattoo, please place your ideas here.
If you would like to tell us where BAD BRANDON is hiding out, then give us a call 251-574-8633. If you don’t want BRANDON to know you are telling us, go to www.mobileso.com/crimetips/. #brandonisbad #brandonstattooisugly ... See MoreSee Less
Hey Amanda what’s up gurl? You said you were coming in to meet with us but you lied and now we have to come get you. #Liarliarpantsonfire #12activewarrants #notherfirsttimearound ... See MoreSee Less
Thank you Facebook Friends, we have identified our Grocery Thief and turned her over to our investigators. Information on food pantries was also very informative! ... See MoreSee Less
Do you know her? She went shopping at Greer’s in Bayou La Batre yesterday and left without paying. We are sure this was unintentional, so we are trying to let her know where she can bring the money. We have someone 24 hours a day at Metro Jail so we can assist in clearing up this matter. If you can help identify her call 251-574-8633. You may want to surprise her and report anonymously so if that is the case go here www.mobileso.com/crimetips/. #handcuffsareready #somebodygonnatellus #crimetips ... See MoreSee Less