The City of Semmes processes passport applications for those who need to apply for a new passport. Processing location, times as well as application information can be found on this page.
NOTICE: As of June 1, 2009, U. S. citizens must present a PASSPORT BOOK, PASSPORT CARD, or other travel documents approved by the U. S. Government to enter the United States from Canada, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Bermuda at land borders and seas ports of entry.
*Additional information about traveling and passports can be obtained from the National Bureau of Consular Affairs or travel.state.gov.
Passport Agency for the City of Semmes
City Clerk’s Office – 7875 Moffett Road Suite F, Semmes, AL 36575
Phone: (251) 649-8811
City Clerk Passport Processing Hours
Monday – 9:00am – 3:00pm (Appointment only)
Tuesday – closed
Wednesday – 9:00am – 3:30pm (Appointment only)
Thursday – 9:00am – 2:00pm (Appointment Only)
Friday – 9:00am – 2:00pm (Appointment Only)
Note: Passport fees for adults eligible to renew by mail using form DS-82, “Application for a U.S. Passport by Mail”, are $110 for the passport book and $30 for the passport card.
- Passports generally take 8 – 12 weeks to obtain.
- Expedited passports take 6 – 8 weeks to obtain.
Proof of Citizenship
- Government issued Birth Certificate (must include names of parents) or a previous passport
Passport Application (DS-11)
Passport Application (DS-11)
Passports for Children (DS-11)
- All children must appear in person. Children 16 years and older will be required to sign their passport application.
- Children under 16 years of age require both parents or legal guardians signatures on a passport application or documentation of the absence of the second parent with a copy of their photo identification, front and back.
- Download/print applications from travel.state.gov »
Renewal of a Passport
- A passport can be renewed without the assistance of a passport agency. Form DS-82 needs to be filled out completely and sent to the address found on the application along with the required documentation. Passports can be renewed if they were issued less than 15 years ago, the same name appears on the passport, the most recent passport is attached, and the applicant was over 16 years old when the most recent passport was issued.
- Children’s passports can not be renewed. A new application (DS-11) will have to be completed.
What to bring with you
- One (1) passport photo
- Evidence of citizenship (original birth certificate, previous passport or Naturalization Certificate)
- A form of photo identification (government issued ID)
- Payment for Application fee – check or money order payable to “U.S. Department of State”
- Payment for Processing fee – $35 per application check or money order payable to “City of Semmes”.
(Do not sign passport applications prior to bringing them in for processing)